Pay per click (PPC) marketing is one of the most important search engine optimisation (SEO) strategies. PPC brings immediate result compared to other approaches of SEO. In addition, pay per click advertising helps your website by improving visibility, attracting more traffic, identifying prospective leads, and increasing the rate of conversion.
The ultimate goal of PPC campaign is to attain an overall growth of your website and business. This is why top digital marketing companies use PPC as their favourite online marketing tool. Though it is easy to run a PPC campaign, there is certain planning and preparation involved in its success.
Here is a comprehensive guide for you to help set up a successful pay per click marketing campaign.
- Research and choose the right keywords: Keyword research is the first milestone towards achieving a successful PPC campaign. If the right keywords are not targeted, the search engine will not be able to display your ads. Your keyword research must take into consideration what your competition is using. Use Google’s keyword planner or some professional third-party tools to pick the perfect keywords for your business. Targeted keywords will bring more hits, help you with improved quality score and lower the cost per click (CPC). This will, in turn, improve your rate of conversion. Another important aspect of keyword research is to exclude negative keywords as much as possible. There are similar keywords used for completely different business. Hence, unless you exclude the negative keywords, which are irrelevant for your business, you cannot achieve the desired result.
- Set up a good landing page: The primary objective of PPC is to drag the readers directly to a page where they get more valuable information for their search. This is called as the landing page, which prompts the reader to do the purchasing or subscribe for a service. Hence, before setting up the PPC campaign, first set up a good landing page. You need to ensure that the landing page should contain the specific target points such as an appealing and engrossing look and feel, balanced amount of product information, and a clear and compelling call to action.
- Choose the right bidding strategy: Selecting between manual and automated bidding have both their advantages and disadvantages. Manual bidding is ideal for those working with a low budget as it enables you to set a cap on your CPC model. However, it will not give you the freedom to optimize your bids. On the other hand, automated bidding will ease your burden by minimising the volume of time you will need to manage the PPC campaign. However, you need to leverage the cap, which may make it a bit cost-intensive. The best approach to selecting the right strategy depends largely upon understanding the basic goals that you want to accomplish with the campaign. Choose from whether you want to improve visibility, traffic of your website, or increase conversions. Choosing the right bidding strategy requires one to carefully analyze and compare between the different options, which comes with practice and experience. Hence, it becomes vital to work with the best digital marketing service providers to run PPC campaign for you.
- Set a budget: Setting a budget is an important aspect in PPC. The target should be to gain maximum profit with the minimum investment. Your over budget expenditure can be optimised effectively by streamlining each single conversion that the campaign is going to make. The most critical part is to make out what should be the percentage of profit you can allow as the commission. Industry insight suggests to keep it around 2.7 per cent. The next consideration is to make out how many clicks you would want to be made, and the time for which you would run the campaign. Now you can get a hint of the overall budget by multiplying the maximum CPC with the number of clicks per day and the number of campaign days.
- Create a unique, competitive ad: The next step after you finalise the keywords, the landing page, bidding strategy and budget is to create a killer ad. There is not much space to be so narrative or dramatic when it comes to planning the PPC campaigns. So, keep your ad short, simple and to the point. What is important is to catch the attention of the prospective customers in the shortest time. Try to put a unique value proposition. Readers must be able to see the uniqueness and the advantage they are going to enjoy right while watching the ad.
- Test performance of the ad: After you run the PPC campaign, the next important thing is to test its performance on a daily basis. Analyse the performance of the ad on the basis of defined parameters and matrices. For best outcome, you may run the campaign for a very short period like 3 days, 5 days or for a week. Do a tight cost-benefit analysis for this trial and make necessary changes as required for its effectiveness. This way you can check on wasting valuable time and money and create a better impact.
PPC is a very strategic instrument of digital marketing. The only way to ascertain better result is by sticking to the basics and staying focused on the final result by analysing the checkpoint through entire course of the campaign. But once successful, the result is certainly fruitful!